If you are considering listing your home for sale, or have just put it on the market, one of the best things you can do is have a professional home inspection conducted!
Why have your own house inspected?
Homeowners listing their house for sale often put a lot of energy – and money – into sprucing up the look of their home before a sale, including de-cluttering, repainting and staging, however; most buyers need to know the heating, cooling, structure and roof are in good condition and there aren’t any major hidden costs lurking just around the corner. Having your house inspected before the sale is a small investment that can have serious advantages in the selling process:
- Find hidden issues first! Have items noted by the inspector corrected, or market your home appropriately knowing the buyer will have to correct the issues down the road.
- Avoid surprises! Don’t wait to hear about hidden issues in your home when you are in the negotiation process – that may lead to a lower sale price or scare buyers off the deal.
- Remove obstacles! Most buyers hire an inspector, and place offers conditional on (among other things) the home inspection. By providing the inspection report to prospective buyers, you may be able to speed up the process and sell your home quicker.
Why choose a HOME ADVANTAGE INSPECTION?
In addition to a thorough and detailed inspection of all the major systems of the home (see the sample inspection report), I am pleased to offer home sellers the HOME ADVANTAGE:
- FREE RecallChek service – checks the make and model of appliances and HVAC equipment against a comprehensive database for manufacturer’s recall notices, provides contact information to take action if your equipment has had a recall issued.
- FREE 120-Day Limited Warranty from Residential Warranty Systems – covers certain equipment and systems in the house for up to 120 days, or until the sale is final; just in case something fails after the inspection! Click the link to view details and conditions of coverage.
- FREE REVISIT SERVICE – When you correct items noted in my report within 60 days of the inspection, I will arrange a time to revisit your house and confirm repairs.
- Optional iVerify Report – for a small additional fee I can include the iVerify report, tracking your house against the national grow-op database, insurance records and building permit files. Providing this kind of information to prospective buyers puts your house above the competition!
- Buyer Consultation Service – For a small fee to the buyer, I am happy to walk them through the house and review the inspection report, providing greater clarity to the buyer.
- Trained, Professional Inspector – For information on me, please see the “About us” page. I bring the best tools and training to the job to make sure the inspection is thorough!
|Condo Inspection, up to 1,000 sq. ft.||$ 265.49|
|Home Inspection up to 3,000 sq. ft.||$ 398.23|
|3,001 - 5,000 sq. ft||$ 442.48|
|5,000 - 7,500 sq. ft.||$ 530.98|
|Second Suites, Additional Units||$ 44.25|
|Thermal Imaging Scan||Included!|
|HomeBinder Home Management System Subscription||Included!|
|Travel Fee may apply if the property is more than 100 Km from Barrie, ON.|
|W.E.T.T. Inspection with Home Inspection||$ 110.62|
|W.E.T.T. Inspection - Wood Burning Appliance||$ 190.27|
|W.E.T.T. Inspection, additional wood burning appliance||$ 66.37|
|Pricing subject to H.S.T.|